736/2027
Home /

electra-navsource

electra-navsource.jpg elctrThumbnailselissaelctrThumbnailselissaelctrThumbnailselissaelctrThumbnailselissaelctrThumbnailselissa

USCGC Electra (WPC-187) was turned over to President Franklin D. Roosevelt to use as his yacht . Electra replaced the Department of Commerce Inspection Boat USS Sequoia (AG-23, which was been returned to that department. Electra was large enough to accommodate the Presidential party and secret service agents. Electra was brought to Washington D.C. and formally turned over to the White House on 8 November 1935, She was renamed and designated USS Potomac (AG-25).
Source
MuseumShips page

Dimensions
900*656
Filesize
106 KB
Visits
735
Rating score
no rate
Rate this photo

0 comments