Paddle Steamer Rigi
Built by Ditchborne and Mare at Greenwich, London, England
Engines : Oscillating, by Penn and Son, London, England, replaced by compound engines in 1894.
Lengthened by 4 metres in 1860
Reboilered 1872 and 1894
After deck saloon built in 1905
Out of service 1915-1920
Planned to be reactivated with diesel machinery, the new engines bought for her were never fitted
After several years laid-up after being taken out of service, she was taken to the Verkehrshaus museum in 1958.
Served as a restaurant in the central courtyard of the museum
A feasibility study was made in 2005 as to whether Rigi could be restored to steam on Lake Luzern, but in 2006 it was decided not to follow up the plans
With the museum now being refurbished, Rigi needed to be moved if she was to remain.
In 2006 it was decided to rebuild her as a static exhibit as a flat deck steamer as close as possible to her original condition.